Choose from the below given support topics to find quick answers to your queries
How to select
Now stay connected on International Roaming on your Postpay in 2 simple steps:
All geared up & excited for your overseas trip? Well, here’s something you got to do to activate international roaming on your Tata Indicom phone.
Visit any of our Tata Indicom Brand Store and fill-up the international roaming subscription form and pay the applicable deposit, along with the TSIM card charge Rs.249.
How to activate:
Dial *472 from your phone and press the "call" key. To activate this service you need to make this call before you leave India.
How to deactivate:
Dial *473 from your phone and press the "call" key. This service can be deactivated when you are back in India by dialing *473 from your handset.
Pre page announcement:
Unimportant calls on a trip abroad can be really annoying! Therefore we let your callers know that you’re out of the country so you can get a break from those trifling calls. The following announcement will be played to all the callers who try to call you: "The person you have called is currently roaming internationally and will be charged incoming international rates for this call. Kindly hold on while we connect your call."
Checking your phone's compatibility is one thing you need to add to your travelling abroad checklist. If you’re roaming in any country on CDMA network, you can use your CDMA mobile to stay connected with the world. However you need to have the latest PRL version installed. Visit any of our Tata DOCOMO Brand Store to get the same done. Don’t have Latest PRL on your phone? Well, just dial *228 follow IVR steps & download it in a jiffy. In case you are going to be roaming in any country on GSM network, you need to have a GSM handset or dual mode ‘World phone’, in which you need to insert the One World One Number (OWON) SIM. You can also access data on Blackberry devices while roaming on partner GSM network and on Sprint in USA on CDMA network.
How to select
If you are in a country with CDMA network, your phone will automatically latch on to the partner operator’s network as soon as your phone is switched on.
If you are in a country with GSM network, you will need to insert the OWON SIM card into a GSM handset and your phone will automatically latch on to the network.. In case that does not happen, you can select the network manually.
Tips & Terms
Here are some tips & tricks that will help you to stay connected when you’re out of the country:
- Before you leave for the airport, ensure that that international roaming service is activated on your phone by calling our 24 hours customer service helpline - 12777
- Download the latest PRL on your handset each time before you leave. PRL is a small program included in the T-SIM card so that your number works across the world in GSM as well as CDMA Networks. The program is pre installed in the OWON which is given to the customer while provisioning for International Roaming (Note: the OWON will also work while you are in India)
- Make sure to deactivate call forwards on your handset.
- Store your frequently-used numbers in your phone book in the international dialing pattern.
- Carry our CDMA Roaming SIM and a Dual Mode (CDMA + GSM) handset OR a spate GSM handset for using roaming on our GSM partner networks.
- Ensure that your handset is suitable for roaming on the partner networks of any visiting country.
- Carry phone charger, travel adapter and your welcome kit with you.
- Activation of World Roaming will enable you to access both voice and data while roaming abroad
- To use data services while roaming on GSM network, please select the pre-defined APN on your handset "Tata DOCOMO One World".
- If "Tata DOCOMO One World" APN is not pre-defined on your handset, please configure the APN manually. APN is "INTERNET.TTSL.IN"
- If you are not able to send SMS, please check your SMSC center number in SMS settings. It should be "+919040455000".
- Do remember to switch off your mobile phone when you board the plane
- If you face any issues while using International roaming kindly call us on <Inter National Access Code>919225510000 (International Roaming Charges Applicable) or email : email@example.com
- If you are in a country with CDMA network, your phone will automatically latch on to the partner operator's network as soon as your phone is switched on.
- If you are in a country with GSM network, you will need to insert the OWON SIM card into a GSM handset and your phone will automatically latch on to the network.. In case that does not happen, you can select the network manually.
- If the GSM network is not selected automatically, please select the network manually by doing manual network search and select available network.